Dr. KAO Shuji
Awardee of Recruitment Program of Global Experts
Nitrogen Cycle Group
- Nitrogen cycling and its linkage with carbon cycle in marine ecosystems from the stable isotope perspective
- Research Fellow, Res. Center for Environ. Changes, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 2009-2013
- Full Professor, National Central University, Taiwan (joint appointment), 2009-
- PhD Supervisor, Xiamen University, 2008-
- Visitors, Xiamen University, China (joint appointment), 2007-
- Associate Researcher, Res. Center for Environ. Changes, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 2005-2009
- Associate Professor, National Central University, Taiwan (joint appointment), 2005-2009
- Assistant Researcher, Res. Center for Environ. Changes, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 2001-2005
- Assistant Researcher, Natl. Center for Ocean Res., Natl. Sci. Council, Taiwan, 2000-2001
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Inst. Oceanogr., Natl. Taiwan Univ., Taiwan, 1998-2000
- Assistant Research Scientist, Natl. Cheng-Kong Univ., Tainan, Taiwan, 1997-1998
- Ph.D.,Marine Chemistry, Natl. Taiwan Univ, 1995
- Zheng, L.W., S.Y. Hsiao, X.D. Ding, D.W. Li and S-J. Kao1*,(2015) Isotopic compositions and speciation of sedimentary nitrogen and carbon in the Okinawa Trough over past 30 ka, Paleoceanography, under review.
- Kao, S.-J.*, B.-Y. Wang, L.-W. Zheng, K. Selvaraj, S.-C. Hsu, X. Sean Wan, M. Xu, and C.-T. Arthur Chen (2015), Spatiotemporal variations of nitrogen isotopic records in the Arabian Sea, Biogeosciences, 12(1), 1-14.
- Yang, J.-Y., S.-C. Hsu, M. Dai, S.-Y. Hsiao, and S.-J. Kao* (2014), Isotopic composition of water-soluble nitrate in bulk atmospheric deposition at Dongsha Island: sources and implications of external N supply to the northern South China Sea, Biogeosciences, 11(7), 1833-1846.
- Hsiao, S.-Y., T.-C. Hsu, J.-w. Liu, X. Xie, Y. Zhang, J. Lin, H. Wang, J.-Y. Yang, S.-C. Hsu, M. Dai and S.-J. Kao* (2014), Nitrification and its oxygen consumption along the turbid Chang Jiang River plume, Biogeosciences, 11(7), 2083-2098
- Hsu, T.-C., and S.-J. Kao* (2013), Technical Note: Simultaneous measurement of sedimentary N 2 and N 2 O production and a modified 15 N isotope pairing technique, Biogeosciences, 10(12), 7847-7862.
- Kao, S. J. *, J. Y. Terence Yang, K. K. Liu, M. Dai, W. C. Chou, H. L. Lin, and H. Ren (2012), Isotope constraints on particulate nitrogen source and dynamics in the upper water column of the oligotrophic South China Sea, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 26(2).