Dr. James T. Liu
Chair of International Advisory Committee of the Department
of Geological Oceanography, Xiamen University
Interests: Coastal Geology, Coastal and Estuarine Processes,
Coastal Sediment Dynamics and Transport
- Visiting Professor, College of Ocean and Earth Science, Xiamen University(present)
- Distinguished Professor, Department of Oceanography, National Sun Yst-sen University, Kaohsiung,Taiwan (2016-)
- Professor, Institute of Marine Geology and Chemistry, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (1998-present)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Marine Geology and Chemistry, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (1994-1998)
- Research Scientist II, Florida Institute of Technology, Florida, USA (1991-1993)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution, Florida, USA (1989-1991)
- Postdoctoral Investigator, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts, USA (1988-1989)
- Ph. D. (Coastal Oceanography) State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York, USA (1987)
Coastal Geology, Coastal and Estuarine Sediment Processes and Records
- Lee, J., Liu, J.T., Hung, C.-C., and Du, X., 2016. River plume induced variability suspended particle characteristics. Marine Geology, in press, doi.org/10.1016/j.margeo.2016.04.014. (*corresponding author)
- Liu, J.T., Hsu, R.T., Hung, J.J., Kao, S.J., Chang, Y.P., Huh, C.A., Wang, Y.H., Lee, C.L., Yang, R.J., 2016. From the Highest to the Deepest: A River-Sea Dispersal System that Links A Mountainous Catchment to the Deep-Sea Basin. Earth-Science Reviews,153, 274-300, doi: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2015.10.012.
- Dai, Z., Liu, J.T.*, Xie, H., and Shi, W. (2014, Nov). Sedimentation in the outer Hangzhou Bay, China: the influence of Changjiang sediment load. Journal of Coastal Research, 30(6), 1218-1225. (SCI). NSC 101-2811-M-110-003.(*corresponding author)
- Dai, Z., Liu, J.T.*, Wei, W., and Chen, J (2014, Oct). Detection of the three gorges dam influence on the Changjiang (Yangtze River) submerged delta. Scientific Reports, 4, doi:10.1038/srep06600. (SCI). (*corresponding author)
- Hsu, R.T., Liu, J.T.*, Su, C.-C., Kao, S.-J., Chen, S.-N., Kuo, F.-H., and Huang, J.C. (2014, Sep). On the links between a river’s hyperpycnal plume and marine benthic nepheloid layer in the wake of a typhoon. Progress in Oceanography, 127, 62-73. (SCI). MOST 99-2611-M-110-005.(*corresponding author)
- Dai, Z., Liu, J.T.*, Fu, G., and Xie, H. (2013, Apr). A thirteen-year record of bathymetric changes in the north passage, Changjiang (Yangtze) Estuary . Geomorphology. (SCI). NSC 101-2811-M-110-003.
- Liu, J.T., Kao, S.-J., Huh, C.-A., Hung, C.C., 2013. Gravity flows associated with floods and carbon burial: Taiwan as instructional source area. Annual Review of Marine Science, 5, 47-68.